Friday, June 8, 2007

Reasons I might be on crack

Since my last day of work and I have kept myself busy with nothing. I am continually finding things that I MUST do. What a crazy bird....

1. Trip to Will's grandmother's
2. Learned to make panoramic photos...had to do one of the farm
3. Trip to Dalton
4. Broke all time record on Bejeweled, 2.5 million
5. Decorated Master Bath - painted walls (yet again), bought new towels, added artwork
6. Created art pieces from pictures of Scarlett at the beach
7. Convinced myself that Scarlett MUST have a haircut and that I am a bad mother for not keeping her coif couture (as if that's possible for a toddler)...still have not done it
8. Determined that I'm not that bad after seeing pictures of the sons of Kate Hudson and Celine Dion
9. Researched the phenomena of crocs...stock prices...chemical make up...sizing options...convinced I MUST by some for Scarlett before she ends up with Flintstone's feet
10. Contacted multiple people about renting a house in the Keys, St. Augustine, and anywhere else...in order to celebrate Tom's last days in the US as a non-war veteran...alas, still has not come to fruition and he's headed for the sandbox June 30...Guilt, bad friend, bad Anna
11. Researched baby names for the child I don't have...felt guilty about liking the names that the kid would hate
12. Searched for a flower girl dress for Scarlett...spent $100 on a dress for a 2 year old only to later discover that Target has a new bridal line
13. Contemplated the University of Phoenix online in response to the RTSP situation
14. Visit to Florida
15. Painted my parent's house...in one day...regretted not spending more time with Tina and Hope
16. Planted 17 new plants in the back landscape...mulched around the garden steps...put out new pine straw...killed some lavender
18. Painted an old tree stump...it is now a psychedelic mushroom seat for Scarlett
19. Planned out a paver patio...that I don't need seeing that I already have a patio, but apparently I want two
20. Cleaned out the truck
21. Tile the backsplash in the kitchen...in a couple of hours
22. Added undercabinet lighting and lighting on the crown molding...in a couple of hours (OK, Will helped with this one)
23. Searched Craigslist for an inexpensive dining room table...toddler resistant (did you know they have hookers on craigslist?)
23. Planned out decor for living room and dining room...material, artwork, etc
24. In process of making curtains for both rooms
25. Discovered that toddlers could grow breast buds from the hormones in milk and chicken...researched organic alternatives...determined that I must go all organic for Scarlett
26. Stopped taking therapeutic medication, yet again...Tom Cruise said that vitamins and exercise work...I really wish he would return my phone calls
27. Decided I MUST -- touch up paint the interior of the house...
28. ...redesign the front landscape beds...
29. ...spend more time with Amy...
30. ...update my CV...
31. ...buy more rubber mulch for the play area...
32. ...get Scarlett into a summer camp program...
32. ...teach Scarlett multiple languages...
33. ...buy a piano...
34. ...pressure wash the fence...
35. ...stain the deck...
36. ...convince my parents to come for a visit...
37. ...stay in touch with cousins...
38. ...work on the Galaxie...
39. ...find a new hair stylist...
40. ...get tickets to see Laurie Berkner in the Poconos on the way back from Rhode Island...
41. ...work on my pathetic guitar skills so I can play Laurie Berkner for Scarlett instead of listening to the F*cking CD all day...
43. ...read books for my writing...
44. ...work on my deadlines for social mobility and critical race...
45. ...lose the wisdom teeth...
46. ...keep up with the laundry, it's the least I can do considering someone else cleans the house...
47. all of which are possible in the next few weeks...if I'm talented enough
48. Spent hours searching the internet for my camera that disappeared in Chicago...please let me know if you see pictures of the twin nurses floating around the internet
49. Organized a father's day outing
50. Redesigned the blog.

Now I have to stop listing things because I'm feeling pressure to get working on something.

No comments: